Monday, October 7, 2013

Daily Log - 10/06/13


My 10 mile run (actually 9.5) went well.

I woke up early and stopped by Starbucks around 6:15AM to pick up an Americano with 3 Splenda and  heavy cream. My daily morning drink. The run wasn't planned until 8:30 so it gave me a good 2 hours to drink and "process". By 7:30, I was able to "clear out my system". I took my pre run "shot": half a cup of hot water, bouillon cube, and 2 tbsp of coconut oil, and headed to the meeting spot.


Met up for the run and took off. It was flat or downhill for most of the first part of the run, which was great, and I felt fine keeping an easy pace of around 9:45/mile. Pace slowed down a bit as we hit the 6-7 mile mark where there was some slight incline. A little before that I took a drink of my electrolyte/coconut oil mix. I really didn't want to have to bring a belt and water bottle to the race, but I want to do the race without carbs as much as possible, and I've been training with that particular concoction.

Finished the 9.5 mile run with a 10:14 pace. We had a couple stops to check up on some of the run/walkers so that brought the pace down a bit too. I wanted to take it really easy with the race next week. I kept an eye on my heart rate which will be the key. I felt fine with the few hills we encountered. Something that was an issue when I first started keto running. The course is extremely flat so this is a great race to start my keto racing. I'm anxious and looking forward to the race next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment