Monday, August 24, 2015

This #medalmonday is special. It’s not the biggest or...



This #medalmonday is special. It’s not the biggest or prettiest medal, but this race was never about the medal. It was about finishing an ultramarathon on my birthday weekend. To finish this race took so much more than any race I’ve run before. Not because of the 30ish mile distance or even the 5500+ elevation gain. This race drew blood… literally. Left quad tendinitis which became inflamed and tightened up at mile 3 made me work for every left step after, especially on the downhills, and then a face first fall down a single track on mile 11 which left cuts on my palms, shoulders, chest, and face made for a very rough race. Regardless, dropping down or out of this race never crossed my mind. It was not ideal as far as races go, but I would not have had it any other way. The Bulldog may have bit me, but I conquered it. #bulldogtrailrun #bulldog50k #running #ultramarathon #trailrunning #nuunbassador #furtherfasterforever #werunsocial #instarunners #perseverance #allthingsthroughGOD (at Bulldog 25k/50k Trail Race)


No comments:

Post a Comment