Thursday, August 20, 2015

Throwback Thursday - Birthday Edition

My birthday is on Sunday and on Saturday I will be running my first official ultramarathon at the Bulldog 50K in Calabasas, CA. Today's special birthday edition #throwbackthursday is a throwback to my birthday last year. The Bulldog 50K fell on my birthday last year, but they do not allow Vibram Five Fingers. I decided to run my own "50K". 32 miles for 32 years.

I created a route that connected all of my run clubs together. Starting at A Snail's Pace in Mission Viejo, through the hills of Aliso to Laguna Beach, up PCH to Fashion Island (Lululemon/Nike), through the Back Bay (Sat run), and ending at South Coast Plaza (Nike). I had some friends who attempted to run the entire route with me, with various other friends jumping in and out at various check points throughout the day. It was such an amazing experience and I was fortunate enough to catch most of it on video. Here is the #tbt video from last year:


No comments:

Post a Comment