Saturday, November 22, 2014

11/22/14 - Saturday Morning Run (LA Marathon Training Begins)

First official day of LA Marathon training. Although, technically, according to my schedule it’s week 2. (I had my races last week)

Had a great run with the run group. 
Goal for the day was 11 miles at sub 9 pace. 
Ended up with 11.1 at 8:36 pace. 
I tried Generation UCANN Superstarch for the first time. Took it about an hour before my run. It was a bit difficult to take down. I can see how many people say it’s chalky, but it’s not horrible. It just took a lot of water. Much more than I usually drink pre run. Ended up having to run to the restroom before the run, but the good thing is I didn’t have to go during. I will have to read more on Superstarch tips and techniques. I also took down 3000 mg of MCT oil. 
Overall, I felt pretty good on the run. I usually never eat anything before running so this was a big experiment. I was able to push 8:30ish pace for most of the 11 miles so I’m pretty happy with the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment