Tuesday, February 16, 2016

I’m still reflecting on Sunday’s race. I’m...



I’m still reflecting on Sunday’s race. I’m really at a loss on how I feel about it. On one side, the race was about helping my girlfriend just finish her first marathon and with that I didn’t take the preparation as seriously I normally would have. Will post more on that later. On the other side I want to gauge my performance and where I’m at fitness wise, especially with my 50 miler coming up. It’s hard to properly assess your performance when you’re not running your race. This was my longest individual road race since #rnrseattle full last year in June. On the plus side, I had zero stomach issues which plagued me in Seattle and #rnrsd. I didn’t blow up half way through like I did in LA last year, but even then, my time last year was better by 10 minutes. This year, my fastest splits were in the final 2 miles, but I had some cramping in my quads and calves which are not common for me, and are my biggest concerns because otherwise everything else felt positive. One thing is certain. I need to get back on taking training and nutrition seriously again. 2 months to #leonadivide 50 miler. #lamarathon #reflection #unitela #teamnuun #marathon #running #losangeles #stadium2sea #maurrunning #maurrunselfies #amaurrunbuddy (at Los Angeles Marathon)


No comments:

Post a Comment